Following the stipulated guidelines from the Federal Ministry of Education on 2016/2017 admission processes we wish to inform all UTME candidates who applied for admission into First Degree Programmes of Michael Okpara University of Agriculture, Umudike and scored 180 and above that an admission screening for the year 2016/2017 admission into the University will hold at the University Campus on Wednesday 27th and Thursday 28th July, 2016.
DAY I -WEDNESDAY 27TH JULY,2016
- All programmes in the College of Management Sciences ( Accounting, Banking and Finance, Marketing, Business Administration, Entrepreneurial Studies, Economics and Industrial Relations & Personnel Management) and Agribusiness -MORNING
- All programmes in the College of Animal Science and Animal Production – AFTERNOON
- All programmes in the College of Agricultural Economics, Rural Sociology and Extension – AFTERNOON
- All programmes in the College of Crop and Soil Sciences – AFTERNOON
- College of Veterinary Medicine – AFTERNOON
- All programmes in the College of Applied Food Science and Tourism (Food Science and Technology, Home Economics, Hotel Management & Tourism, Human Nutrition and Dietetics). – AFTERNOON
- All programmes in the College of Natural Resources and Environmental Management – AFTERNOON
- All other courses in Education (Biology, Agric, Home Economics, integrated Science, Library & Information Science) -AFTERNOON
DAY II-THURSDAY 28TH JULY, 2016
- All programmes in the College of Engineering and Engineering Technology – MORNING
- All programmes in the College of Physical and Applied Sciences (Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, Computer Science, Statistics) – MORNING
- All Physical Science programmes in Education (Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, Computer Science, Industrial Technology Education) – MORNING
- All programmes in the College of Natural Sciences (Biochemistry, Microbiology, Zoology and Environmental Biology, Plant Science and Biotechnology)– AFTERNOON
Eligibility: All candidates who scored 180 and above and made Michael Okpara University of Agriculture, Umudike first Choice are eligible.
Requirements: Beginning from Monday 4th July, 2016, candidates are required to register online for the admission screening guidelines by logging on to the University website www.mouau.edu.ng.
To register, candidates must proceed as follows:
- Click on 2016/2017 Admission screening banner.
- Enter valid email address for records purposes
- Input JAMB Registration no, this leads you to the Remita payment platform where he/she is required to generate an RRR number with which payment of N2,000 will be made. Payment can be done by debit/credit card or by taking your RRR number to any bank nationwide and deposit cash . Note: transaction charges apply.(P.S If you encounter any challenges after payments, kindly contact the University's portal office).
- Register by filling an online application form and selecting proposed department and other requisite details.
- Candidates are required to fill in their WAEC examination details for proper verification. Information needed include-WAEC/NECO/NABTEB examination number, Type of Examination, Year of Result, Scratch Card details(PIN and Serial number on the card).
- Upload either WAEC/NECO/NABTEB results or any other result that qualifies you for the screening exercise.
- Candidates awaiting result should upload scanned copy of examination slip in the field provided for results upload. You would also be required to provide the following: WAEC/NECO/NABTEB examination number, Type of examination, Scratch card details(PIN and Serial number on the card).
- Kindly note that some fields are prefilled and cannot be changed.
- Fill the form, submit and take print out after executing the submit button. System sends a copy of submitted forms to your email for records.
REGISTRATION CLOSES ON SUNDAY 24TH JULY, 2016
-Candidates for morning session should report at 7am , while those for afternoon session should report at 12noon.
-Come for the admission screening with following materials:
- Print out of filled forms as this contains candidate's unique admission screening number and shows as an evidence that candidate has registered for the admission screening.
- One coloured copy of your JAMB photo page.
- Photocopy of WAEC/NECO/NABTEB.
- Photocopy of Birth Certificate /Evidence of birth documentation.
CANDIDATES SHOULD TAKE NOTE OF THE FOLLOWING
- Mobile Phones and other devices will not be allowed inside the screening venues.
- Parents and Guardians will not be allowed in the University campus on the screening days.
- Inconsistency in name, picture or date of birth in any of the documentation may lead to disqualification.
- Candidates are to ensure that registration details provided conform with information on certificates presented for screening.
- Information on venues for each programme or the respective colleges and other related issues would be available on the University's website and would also be widely circulated on campus from Sunday 24th July, 2016.
- Results of the screening can be accessed at the University website from Friday 29th July, 2016.
Once admission list is released by the University, the candidate can check his/her admission status by clicking on:
"CANDIDATES ADMISSION PROCESS"
Admission status>>check your admission status.
Then enter your "JAMB NUMBER".
Later, candidate will be informed on when to come for clearance in the University.
PLEASE KINDLY NOTE THAT THIS ADVERTISEMENT AND THE INFORMATION IT CONTAINS SUPERCEDES THE PREVIOUS ADVERT OF JUNE 21,2016.
Dr. A. C. Nwokocha