*MOUDC WINS BIG!!*
The Michael Okpara University Debate Club (MOUDC), at the just concluded Voice of Reason Masters' Round Debate Tournament has won the championship cup for the competition.
The tournament, organized annually, featured the very best breeds from tertiary institutions all over Nigeria some of which included Uniport, Unical, Unilorin, OAU, FUTA, FUTO, Unilag, Unizik, UNN and MOUAU had in attendance, 5 members of the club, Nwakuba Eze, Ngwube Stella Ginikachukwu, Nzeako Fabian, Ogbonnaya Nnanna and Onyido Prosper.
The achievements accrued the club include;
1. Champion, MR V - Composite team of Nwakuba Eze (MOUDC) and Ojone Halimat
2. First breaking team and finalist
3. Best speaker (debate) - Nwakuba Eze
4. 11th best speaker (debate) - Ngwube Stella
5. 4th best speaker, Public Speaking - Nwakuba Eze
6. 5th best speaker, Public Speaking - Ogbonnaya Nnanna
7. 6th best speaker, Public Speaking - Nzeako Fabian
8. Finalist (PS judges) - Ngwube Stella
9. Finalist (PS judges) - Onyido Prosper
The club is also slated to attend the invitational tournament, Accra Open in Ghana and also Covenant University Invitational (CU IV) all scheduled for June this year as well as the Pan African Universities Debate Championship (PAUDC) and World Universities Debate Championship (WUDC) later this year.