Applicants seeking admission to Part I (First Year) of a degree course in the University must be qualified for admission before the beginning of the session in which they wish to enter. The applicants must meet both:
- the general entrance requirements, and
- additional Faculty or Departmental course requirements.
Students intending to enter the University are advised to obtain information from the University about entry requirements to ensure that they have satisfied the requirements by the time they apply for admission.
Applications for courses leading to first degrees must be made on the prescribed form obtainable from the Registrar, Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board, Suleja Road, Bwari, PMB 189, Garki, Abuja.
General Entry Requirements
The minimum entry requirements to the first year is a General Certificate of Education (or equivalent) with Credit passes in at least five subjects chosen from a list approved from time to time by Senate provided that in each case all the five subjects are taken and passed at not more than two sittings.
- One of the passes shall be a pass at ‘O’ Level or equivalent in English Language.
- Except in the cases of candidate for admission to the Faculty of Arts, the Faculty of Law, and for the Bachelor of Arts in Education in the Faculty of Education, one of the credit passes shall be a pass at ‘O’ Level or equivalent in Mathematics.
- A pass in the General Paper of the Higher School Certificate is regarded as equivalent to a credit pass in English Language at ‘O’ Level.
In addition to satisfying the minimum requirements indicated in regulations 1 and 2 above, candidates for the courses listed below must, among the five subjects presented in fulfilment of minimum requirements, also include the subjects and satisfy the other requirements indicated. It may be assumed that further requirements are not imposed for any degree course not shown in the following list.