Curriculum Vitae of the Deputy Registrar Academic Affairs
i. FULL NAME: Mrs. Nkeiruka Charity Mbanasor (Nee Onwukwe)
ii. PRESENT STATUS: Deputy Registrar
iii. STATE OF ORIGIN: Abia State
iv. NATIONALITY: Nigeria
v. CURRENT POSTAL ADDRESS: Academic Affairs Unit, Registry Department;
Michael Okpara University of Agriculture,
Umudike, P.M.B. 7267,
Umuahia, Abia State.
E-mail Contact: Nkeiruka.firstname.lastname@example.org,
vi. MARITAL STATUS: Married
vii. INSTITUTIONS ATTENDED WITH DATES:
(a) University of Maiduguri – 1990 – 1994
(b) University of Calabar – 2000 – 2005
(c) Michael Okpara University of Agriculture, Umudike – 2010 – 2014
(d) Abia State Polytechnic: July – December, 2007 (Short course in Computer Training)
xi. ACADEMIC QUALIFICATION WITH DATES:
(a) B.Sc. (Second Class Upper Division) 26th May, 1994.
(b) MPA (Master of Public Administration): 1st September, 2005
(c) M.Sc. (Human Resources Management) 20th November, 2005
(d) Certificate in Computer Studies: December, 2007
(e) Ph.D. (Management): Degree in view
xii. WORKING EXPERIENCE WITH STATUS AND DATES:
(a) Academic Affairs/Admissions (MOUAU):
(b) Senate Affairs Unit (MOUAU): October, 2001
(c) Personnel Affairs – SPATS (MOUAU) – November, 2001-13th
(d) College Officer (MOUAU): 14th February, 2011 – 13th February, 2014:
(e) Senate Affairs Unit – 14th February, 2014 – 11th September, 2015:
(f) College Officer (MOUAU) -12th September, 2014 – 2nd August, 2017:
(g) Academic Affairs Unit – 3rd August, 2007 – till date: Deputy Registrar
xiii. (A) DETAILS OF SERVICE TO THE COMMUNITY WITH DATES:
– Financial Secretary, NIM, Umudike Branch: 2014 – till date.
– Treasurer, ANUPA MOUAU Branch: 2014 – till date.
– President Umuada, Umuana, Mbom Ibeku, Cooperative Society.
– Assistant W/F Coordinator, the Master’s Vessel Ministry: 2012 – till date.
– Member, panel on conditions of service for workers of MOUAU (NIG) Ltd.
– Secretary, Committee to Review the Report of the Committee to Review the Report of the Committee on Challenges Influencing Quality and Products of academic Programmes in MOUAU: 2017
– Jerusalem Pilgrims (JP) 2010
– Member, Committee on the preparation of Schedule of Duty for Registry Staff.
– Member, Committee on Registrar’s Send-Forth/Reception
– Member, Committee on Renewal of Temporary Appointments of Junior Staff.
– Secretary, Sub-Committee on Honorary Award at 8th Convocation Ceremony
– Secretary, Post Accreditation Review Committee for the College of Natural Sciences (COLNAS)
– Chairman, ANUPA MOUAU; 2018
(B) COMMENDATIONS: I was formally commended by the University
(MOUAU) on three different occasions for hard work and dedication to
– Letter of Commendation by the University Appraisals Committee dated 2nd July, 1998.
– Letter of Commendation by the University Appraisals committee dated 26th February, 2002.
– Letter of Commendation by the University Appraisals Committee dated 16th, December, 2007.
(C) In January 1999, I was adjudged the most consistent, silent worker in
the Registry Department.
(D) Faithful service award of Honour by MVC, Umudike/Umuariaga Church
(E) Award as “Favoured Mother” by Women Fellowship, Methodist Church,
xiv. Extra Curricular Activities – Singing and listening to gospel music
(a) “Evaluation of the Impact of Corporate Social Responsibilities Among Universities on their Host Communities in South – Eastern Nigeria”: (M.Sc. Thesis – 2014)
(b) “Career Administrator As a mother in the University Leadership and Management: Overcoming the challenges”: Paper presented at the International Women Summit in 2015 in the United States of America (USA).
(c)Journal Article entitled “the Determinant of Capital Access among Agribusiness entrepreneurs in Abia State.
(d) “Evaluation of the Universities in South Eastern Nigeria in the Provision of Corporate Social Responsibility activities to Host Community”: Paper presented on the occasion of Regional Conference of Institute of Strategic Management, Nigeria, held on 13th November, 2016.
(e)Multinational companies are blessings in Disguise: Issues and Challenges”: Paper presented on the occasion of Regional Conference of Institute of Strategic Management, Nigeria, held on 13th November, 2016..
xvi. Capacity Enhancing Training:
(a) Membership of Professional Bodies:
1. Fellow, Institute of Corporate Administrators
2. Member, Association of Nigerian University of Professional Administrators (ANUPA)
3. Member, Nigerian Institute of Management (NIM – Chartered)
4. Member, Nigerian Institute of Manpower Development and Industrial Relations
1. 2008 International Management conference Organized by NIM
2. 2009, 3-days skills update workshop for the Registry organized by MOUAU.
3. 2010 Annual national Management Conference organized by NIM
4. 2011 National Management Conference organized by NIM
5. 2011 Mandatory Continuing Professional Education Programme “Employee Engagement through Effective Communication”.
6. 2012 Annual National Management Conference organized by NIM
7. 2013 Training Workshop organized by Nigerian Institute of Manpower Development and Industrial Relations (NIMDIR)
8. 2014 Annual National conference organized by ANUPA
9. 2015 international Women Summit: Women Empowered to Achieve the Impossible (WETATI); organized in USA
10. 2015, 3-day training workshop organized by West African Institute for Gender Studies (WIGS)
11. 2015 Annual National Conference organized by ANUPA
12. 2015, 2-day seminar on Fundamentals of Project Management: organized in USA by Fred Pryor Seminars Career Track.
13. 2017, 2-day Training Workshop for Senior Assistant Registrars to Deputy Registrars organized by ANUPA.
14. Workshop on making Open and Distance Learning (OPL) happen: Planning, Developing and Delivering OPL Programmes in Nigeria. Organized by University of London in Collaboration with National Universities Commission (NUC).
15. Workshop on the Management and Protection of Students Records in Nigerian Universities. 2018